3:30 pm Nausea ... sick to stomach. They tried to bait and switch me when I picked up my car. I had to stand there and refuse to pay and argue with them before they agreed to charge me the amount quoted when I left the car and keys with them. (Even my lucky kitty key-chain wasn't so lucky with them. It's feet were broken off. That should have been a warning! LOL) So I really didn't want to call them. I was just dreading a bad experience. But I didn't want to listen to that negativity. I wanted to think positive and just call and see what they had to say.Called (800) 958-3335 Johnny Park LAX and waited thru phone system.
People answered phone but could not understand them very well. I told them I needed to speak with the Manager on Duty. What about? Still couldn't understand them very well. Ummm, hold on. (On hold)
Johnny Park this is "(inaudible)". Yes, I was on hold waiting to speak with a Manager on Duty. What for? I had a very bad experience and I'd like to discuss that with someone. Ok, hold on.
Johnny Park this is "(inaudible)". Yes, I've been holding to speak with the Manager on Duty. Is there not a Manager on Duty? That is fine, if that is the case, just let me know. I've been put on hold twice already. No ... we just need to figure out who to transfer you to. Is this regarding a rental car? No, it's regarding something very disturbing that happened with Johnny Park. Ok, hold on.
This is Alex how can I help you? Oh, Hi Alex, I was holding to speak with the Manager on Duty regarding something that happened with Johny Park. Are you the person I need to speak with? Yes, what can I do for you?
Oh, ok. What is your last name? Maki. How do you spell that please. M A K I. Ok thanks.
Well. Please be patient as I'm very nauseous right now and this is very difficult for me. It may take a few minutes and I don't want to have to explain what happened more than once. It's quite bizarre and maybe unusual. I take a medication at the same time every day. I always have something to drink in my car because of this. I left my car with you, the windows were rolled up and the doors locked. I saw the lot where the cars were and had no concerns that it wouldn't be safe. I wasn't told by anyone that it wouldn't be safe. Twelve days later I picked up the car. It was nighttime. When I was driving home my alarm went off for me to take my medication. My mouth was dry from the long flight and long wait at the airport terminal for the Johnny Park van. I really needed something to drink to take my medicine. I had left a glass of soda in my car and although it had been in there awhile I didn't think it would be unsafe to drink. But as I lifted it closer to my mouth I smelled something horrible and got creeped out and put it back. The smell made me want to vomit and I had to just swallow my pill as best I could.
[Note: My boyfriend was on his way to my house with dinner and wine. I was starving and had not eaten because there was no food served on the flight. The food available for purchase ran out by the time they got to my seat. I needed to get two climates worth of luggage into my house, and get something to drink and see my sweetheart. Left stinky cup in car.]
Two days later, my luggage arrived at FedEx and I needed to pick it up. As I got in my car and went to toss out the gross whatever was in my cup, I was horrified and started to retch. There was a dead rat in the bottom of the cup and mold growing on his face.
So what are you telling me this for?
Well, I left my car with you and there was no rat in my car when I left it with you. I left a cup in my car and there was no rat in it. I've had this same car for almost 10 yrs here in Los Angeles and lived around lots of trees without covered parking and something like this has never happened. I don't know how it happened. And I know it sounds strange and maybe this wouldn't bother you. But it's just been very disturbing for me. I can't drive my car without getting totally creeped out especially at night. My throat swells up and I feel like I'm going to vomit. I didn't even want to call because I didn't want to have to tell this story. It just makes me feel ill.
So what do you want me to do?
I don't know. I've just been very upset about it and wanted to call. An apology would be nice. This just isn't right. This sort of thing just shouldn't happen I feel. And when it does, I think a customer deserves consideration. I just want to stop thinking about it. Whatever you feel would make it right.
You are wasting my time. WOULD YOU JUST GET TO THE POINT? (Yelling) WHAT DO YOU WANT?
I don't know. An apology would be nice.
So let me get this straight. You picked up your car and it was fine. There was no rat in your car. Two days later, you find a rat in your car and you want me to do something about it? (Yelling) WHY ARE YOU WASTING MY TIME? GET TO THE POINT. WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO DO?
I realize this is unusual. I don't really know. An apology would be nice. I realize it may sound absurd or hard to believe. If this happened to your daughter. If she left her car with a company for 12 days, picked up the car at night and almost drank something from a cup she left in the car and there was a dead rat in it with mold growing on it, how would you feel? You would be upset. You would want the company to make things right somehow.
(Screaming) WHAT IS THE RIGHT THING?
I don't know. I didn't call to argue. I called to give you the chance to make this right. Whatever you think as a Manager would be the right thing to do.
(Screaming) SO WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO DO?
I don't know. I guess you could perhaps apply a credit to my account.
Oh really? What should I do that for? Let me get this straight. If I credit your account all of the sudden you won't be sick anymore, you won't be creeped out when you get in your car, you won't be sick at night when you're driving around and all of the sudden your life will be perfect and you'll be happy?
I didn't say that.
You said you picked up the car and everything was fine. The rat wasn't in the car when you picked it up. But you want me to credit your account?
That is not what I said. I really didn't call to argue with anyone. I'm sick to my stomach and I really don't have the energy to argue. I just thought you might want to do the right thing.
And the right thing to you is to credit your account? THAT'S WHAT YOU THINK THE RIGHT THING TO DO IS?
You are the Manager. I gave you the opportunity to tell me your thoughts but all you are doing is attacking me and I don't really deserve this.
You are lying that's why. I HATE PEOPLE LIKE YOU! YOU ARE JUST A FREELOADER! YOU JUST WANT SOMETHING FOR FREE! WHY SHOULD I BELIEVE YOU? WHY SHOULD I CREDIT YOUR ACCOUNT?
I have driven this car in Los Angeles for almost 10 yrs. I've lived in my neighborhood with lots of trees and no covered parking spot for many years and nothing like this has ever happened. My bill is under $100. That is not worth making up a story and sitting on hold through the phone system and waiting to finally speak to someone. It isn't about the money. It's about doing the right thing. It's about me being able to forget this happened and not think about it again.
PEOPLE LIKE YOU MAKE ME SICK YOU KNOW THAT! (Screaming) I HATE FREELOADERS AND THAT'S ALL YOU ARE! YOU JUST WANT TO CALL UP HERE AND MAKE UP SOME STORY AND GET SOMETHING FOR FREE. WELL I'M NOT GOING TO DO ANYTHING FOR YOU! PEOPLE LIKE YOU ARE WHAT'S WRONG WITH THIS WORLD! FREELOADERS AND SCUMBAGS LIKE YOU! LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING ... ARE YOU LISTENING ... ARE YOU LISTENING TO ME? I'LL TELL YOU WHAT YOU NEED TO DO. GET A JOB! MAKE AN HONEST LIVING. MAKE MONEY THE RESPECTABLE AND HONORABLE WAY! NOT CALLING ME UP AND WASTING MY TIME. BUT THE HONEST WAY, NOT LIKE YOU ARE DOING, CALLING SOMEONE UP AND TRYING TO SCAM THEM. YOU ARE WASTING MY TIME. ARE YOU LISTENING TO ME?
Yes. I'm writing down every word.
Good! Write it down! Stop scamming people! (Hung up)
4:00 pm (Shaking ... I decided to obey his command and write it all down. But he didn't say what to do after that. So hopefully he won't mind that I blogged it :)
It's not my intention to hurt anyone with this. But even if I were lame enough to make something so absurd up, there is a professional way to tell someone that you won't do something for them. There is a respectable and professional way to not do what someone asks you to do. There is a professional way to do absolutely nothing for a customer. Working in the hotel management industry for many years, I have learned this. But no matter what someone does, no one deserves this kind of treatment. I was just so horrified. I didn't know what else to do but warn others before they walk into this snake pit of a place. Hopefully this will warn potential customers and maybe give them a laugh at the same time.

1 comment:
I beg to differ.
Post a Comment